Life is good

Life is good

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

HOME STRETCH.....THE 3RD TRIMESTER

Just when I thought this pregnancy couldn't be going any slower I get an email alert saying you are 28 weeks and starting your 3rd trimester....wow already I thought, and this little baby will be here before we all know it. 
The honeymoon trimester is over and now I guess it's time to look forward to being uncomfortable, not sleeping well, back aches, and all the crazy things that happen to us women during pregnancy. So far I've been so lucky and have had a super easy pregnancy (knock on wood) Everything is going smoothly and I feel great! This baby is alot different from Ashlee, very active and never stops moving. Baby G's been head down for a while so I feel things way different...instead of the ribs killing me, my hips and pelvis hurt and I feel like I"m always in the bathroom.  I'm still able to work out in the gym and be very attentive to my extremely energetic 2 year old that keeps me on my feet all day. Thanks to her I haven't put on much baby weight :) 
I finally found a great doctor....this will  be my 3rd one :-/ but all is good and I'm really happy with her. I didn't have a great doc the first time around so I was determined to find a good one this time. I found one who is totally supportive of my birth plan, and I'll tell you unless you go to a midwife it's really hard to find in a doctor. Unfortunately I have to drive about 40 minutes to see her, but in the end it will be worth it and I can visit my best buddy in Scottsdale all at the same time. I have hired the best doula and have my family's support on my decision and that is one of the most important things to me. 
I have all the nursery items for Baby G, I just need to get motivated and get everything up, I am really not one to wait until the last minute and once I realized how quickly this baby will be here I got a little panicked and am on what my hubby calls" turbo mode" to get everything done. Having a baby coming around the holidays is a little crazy and requires a little more work because I want to make sure everything remains the same for Ashlee. I contemplated on even putting holiday decorations up because I thought it would just be too much work, but I can't do that to Ash..she loves all the lights and holiday decorations and so do I, it's my favorite time of year.
So next on the agenda for Baby G, I have my glucose test this week (not looking forward too) and next week we have our follow up ultrasound along with 3D pictures. I love getting to see the baby and it's great for Ash too I think it helps her to understand whats going on......how much her life is about to change..in a good way of course :)

                                                                    28 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment